Bull Shoals - Flippin - Yellville
Marion County is blessed with an abundance of recreational waters: Bull Shoals Lake, White River, Buffalo National River and Crooked Creek. Early French trappers gave the White River its name, "La Riviere Au Blanc." During the 19th century, the White River was a major transportation artery. The old railroad bridge at Cotter was built to turn so that steamboats could pass. In 1951, Bull Shoals Lake was built, impounding the White River that flowed from Lake Taneycomo. Historic buildings, caverns and even a restored 1800 Ozark Mountain Village are some of the sites you'll find when you visit Marion County.
Bull Shoals Caverns - This magnificent underground natural wonder is operated by the National Forest service. Visitors tour underground wonders and learn about the history surrounding the Ozark underground caverns. Located on Hwy 178 at Bull Shoals.
Bull Shoals Dam and Powerhouse - Enjoy beautiful views of the lake and its tail water from the scenic overlook. Tour the dam and powerhouse for a look at the mighty water-driven turbines used to create electrical power.
Flippin Historic Jail - About the size of a large closets, the old jail at Flippin is located one block north of the entrance to the city park on Hwy 62.
George's Creek on Hwy 62 West of Yellville - George's Creek was listed in Ripley's Believe-It-Or-Not for its tri level set of bridges.
Historic Genealogical Society of Marion County Arkansas - Yellville The Society maintains a Permanent Collection of printed and microfilmed material containing over 800 items housed in the Society's Research Room at the Marion County Library in Yellville available for use during regular library hours. For more information on the Society write to: HGSMCA, P.O. Box 761, Yellville, AR 72687.
Mountain Village 1890 - This historical attraction features a completely reconstructed, authentic Ozark village. Authentic pioneer buildings and furnishings allow visitors to experience Ozark life in the 1800's first hand. The Mountain Village also features special events and music. Located off Hwy 178 in Bull Shoals.
Ranger Boats Factory in Flippin - Since 1968, Forrest and Nina Wood have been building boats "designed by fishermen and built and tested by fishermen, for fishermen." The original (6) Ranger boats were built in 1968 in what is now the Fire House in downtown Flippin. View the firehouse and tour the Ranger Boat Factory in Flippin.
Top O' The Ozarks Tower - Ride a modern elevator 20 stories up for a grand view of Bull Shoals Lake, the White River and surrounding Ozarks On Hwy 178 in Bull Shoals.
Yellville Historic Buildings - Named after Archibald Yell, an early Arkansas governor and a hero of the Mexican War, this mountain village has several historic buildings on or near the town square. The Old Cowdry House, now the Red Raven Inn in Yellville, was completed in the summer of 1904.